Information for Students
The MU Child Development Lab (CDL) is actively involved with students throughout campus in order to support course instruction through CDL tours, observation or class projects.
Departments that have utilized the CDL to provide applied experiences for students included:
- Early Childhood and Elementary Education and Special Education Programs
- Human Development and Family Science
- Learning, Teaching and Curriculum
- Nutritional Sciences
- Textile and Apparel Management
- Cardiopulmonary Diagnostic Sciences
- Radiography Program - Health Related Professions
The CDL has observation booths with one-way mirrors and head-sets to facilitate classroom observations and class projects. Students are also welcome to observe from the benches on the playyard. Class lists are provided outside of the observation booths with the names and birthdates of the children enrolled.
Student workers should wear appropriate dress for the CDL and complete the necessary paperwork. CDL polo shirts for student teachers will now be available at the University bookstore. Students should ask for them at the information desk.
MU Child Development Lab
University of Missouri
31 Stanley Hall
Columbia, MO 65211