The MU Child Development Lab (CDL) is actively involved with faculty members throughout campus in order to support course instruction through CDL tours, observation, or class projects.
Departments that have utilized the CDL to provide applied experiences for students included:
- Early Childhood and Elementary Education and Special Education Programs
- Human Development and Family Science
- Learning, Teaching and Curriculum
- Nutritional Sciences
- Textile and Apparel Management
- Cardiopulmonary Diagnostic Sciences
- Radiography Program - Health Related Professions
The CDL also welcomes community groups to come and observe typically developing children. In the past the CDL has welcomed the Parents As Teachers Teen Parent Group, 4-H Students, AmeriCore Volunteers, and high school child development students.
The CDL has observation booths with one-way mirrors and head-sets to facilitate classroom observations and class projects. Students are also welcome to observe from the benches on the playyard. Class lists/photos are provided in the observation booths with the names and birthdates of the children enrolled.
MU Child Development Lab
University of Missouri
31 Stanley Hall
Columbia, MO 65211